ECJLS Junior Board
In 2023 the Erath County Jr. Livestock Junior Board was created to work alongside the Erath County Jr. Livestock Show Board Members. The Junior Board members help with assisting committee members to have a successful Erath County Junior Livestock Show (ECJLS). Being on the Junior Board is a privilege and allows these young individuals to gain leadership experience, become role models for younger exhibitors and further develop communication skills.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A JUNIOR BOARD MEMBER:
- Eligibility requirements: 4-H or FFA member in Erath County, must be eligible to show at Erath County Junior Livestock Show in the year of application.
- Set to graduate from High school from an Erath County school district in 2024 or 2025
- Term of Junior Board Member: Junior Board Members shall be selected annually.
- All Junior Board Members need to attend the planning meetings, workdays, and County Junior Livestock Show
EXPECTED DUTIES OF JUNIOR BOARD MEMBERS:
(Includes but not Limited to)
- Attend specie/committee meetings
- take notes and participate in discussion
- Assist committee members with tasks
- Assist Superintendents before, during & after show
- Social Media, creating scheduled posts
- Welcome spectators/guests, make announcements, grand drive intros
- Assist in announcer stand
- Prepare Barn for Show
- Positively promote the County Show within community throughout the year
- Help in the concession stand - Help hand out ribbons for all species
- Assist exhibitors with loading animals out after they are done showing
- Prepare Barn for Sale - Help with cleanliness of facility and post-show clean up
JUNIOR BOARD MEMBERS Will Receive:
- ECJLS Buckle to wear
- Leadership, Communication, Management Experience
-$2,000 Scholarship (if successfully complete the duties)
Ready to Apply?
Download Application file, complete required sections and return completed application to email@example.com before deadline!