IMPORTANT 2021 SHOW UPDATES
- There are very important changes to the Erath County Junior Livestock Show Schedule
Due to COVID and an awesome spike in entry numbers, we have had to make the difficult decision of modifying our show schedule this year. (Please see revised schedule)
Each species will show and take their animal home as soon as their respective show is over. We hope this will greatly reduce the number of patrons on the grounds at one time thus helping reduce the spread of COVID. The Sheep and Goats will arrive on Tuesday afternoon and show on Wednesday. This will allow enough pen space for the Swine. The Swine Move-In time will be a little later on Wednesday. The Broilers will showThursday morning instead of Wednesday morning. Everything else should remain the same.
No livestock will walk through the sale ring Saturday night, only kids with their ribbons. The Dairy Heifers will remain on the show grounds for potential buyers to observe. These decisions were not made lightly and were only made after much discussion and consideration by the Board in the best interest of our kids and their families. We are diligently working to get as many Buyers as possible to the sale on Saturday night. Please study the schedule and if you have any questions or concerns of any kind, please contact me, any Superintendent, any board member, or your Ag teacher or Advisor.
- Pre-Order ECJLS specialty caps and hoodies now for pickup at the 2021 show!
For caps choose from base colors of gray/black, mustard/gray/white, or tropical and either the ECJLS logo, beef heifer, dairy heifer, swine, horse, lamb, beef steer, or goat.
- Rules and Guidelines for the 2021 Breeding/Wether/Dairy Doe show have been updated and added to the Rule Book page.
- Plans are in place to hold our 2021 show, all updates regarding the status will be posted to the show's Facebook page. To get updates quickly like our page at https://www.facebook.com/ECJLS
- Changes to the 2021 Rule Book are noted with a blast symbol. For a downloadable or online rule book visit https://www.ecjls.com/rule-book.
For any questions or concerns about the upcoming stock show or any rule changes please contact the management committee at .
The Erath County Livestock Show has been growing since it began approximately 60 years ago. During the early days of the show, approximately 90 animals of all species were exhibited. With the 2019 show boasting over 587 animals entered, the show continues to grow in both size and scope in an attempt to meet the changing needs of current 4H & FFA members in Huckabay, Lingleville, Dublin, Stephenville, Morgan Mill, Three Way, and Bluff Dale.
Countdown to 2021 Opening Day:
see you there!
UPCOMING 2021 SHOW DATES
- 8 am Breeding Does
- 1 pm Market & Breeding Rabbits
- 8 am Market
Goats & Lambs
- 8 am Ag Mechanics
- 10 am Broiler Show
12 pm Swine Show
- 12 pm Market Steer
- Market Heifer
- 8 am Dairy Heifers
- 11 am Horse
- 6 pm Sale of Champions
(Sat. 1/09 -5 AM)
2157 FM 205 Stephenville, TX 76401